Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Different

I had never fully understood this statement till I became an adult. All through out Jr high and high school being different was not a good thing. The other kids frowned upon things you wore, how you lived and who you was related to. I was never in the "in crowd" and at times yes I had to defend myself. Being the only girl in a house full of mean tailed boys, well a girl picks up a few ways to be able to stand her ground. My brothers and I had a love/hate relationship. They felt it was okay to torture me but if anyone else did it, then they defended me. My dolls never stood a chance with them and they always knew how to make me cry.
Being different is extremely beautiful in my opinion. If everyone looked the same, lived the same and felt the same way this place would be so boring. I feel in order to survive, we need to have some degree of self and self worth, to not only ourselves but to others. We need to have individualism and be able to express ourselves on many different levels. I love being who I am today, being able to be different and say look at me, I will always be me and that is enough....
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment